Tofu parmigiana is an amazing tofu dish which has comprehensive advantages on health. Tofu parmigiana not only tastes good or have plenty of health benefits but this dish can be really good for you when you are trying to lose weight. To cook parmigiana, you have to amalgamate tofu with seasoned bread crumbs, cheese, dry oregano, salt, black pepper, olive oil, tomato sauce, garlic etc. This combination will produce a magnificent dish from tofu. Instead of deep-frying them, the tofu is coated with bread crumbs and cooked in just two tablespoons of oil. Using part-skim mozzarella reduces the fat content of this Italian classic. You can enjoy it for lunch or dinner any day of the week.
Parmigiana Recipe For Weight Loss
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 5 tbs grated low-fat Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper (ground) to taste
- 12 oz firm tofu
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
Read More: Low Calorie Tuna Melt Panini Best Recipe
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine very well bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices. One at a time, press tofu slices into egg whites, then crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu slices until crisp on one side.
- Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, turn, and brown on the other side. Place slices on paper towel to absorb excess oil. While you are doing this, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F(205 degrees C).
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and remaining 1 tsp oregano. Mix these ingredients well, until they form a sauce that is even in composition and consistency.
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in an 8-inch square baking dish. Arrange tofu slices on top of the sauce. Spoon remaining sauce evenly over the tofu, and then evenly top with shredded mozzarella and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Place the dish in the preheated oven, and bake it for 20 minutes. Once it is finished, take it out and let it cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
Calories: 210 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 336mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 16g Cholesterol: 13mg
(Visited 235 times, 1 visits today)