This is a very easy to prepare, refreshing, healthy, nutritious tuna recipe. A fresh tropical fruit salsa is a welcome addition to peppery tuna steaks in this easy but stylish dish. It’s a great source of protein and low in calories, so it’s great for most weight loss plans. Try this recipe for a lightly seared version paired with flavorful, tangy salsa.
In a serving size of one fillet, there are about 250 calories. This filling, low-calorie meal works for your diet and weight loss plan. It also has a high source of Omega-3 fatty acids that are good for your heart. When you incorporate different types of fish into your diet, you get a good source of protein that helps you stay full and lose weight.
Seared Tuna with Papaya Salsa Recipe
- 16 oz. firm ripe papaya, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 fresh jalapeño or serrano chili, rinsed, stemmed, seeded, minced
- 2 solid white tuna steaks (6 oz. each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and freshly & coarsely ground black pepper to taste
Read More: Tofu Parmigiana Best Recipe
- In a bowl, mix papaya, onion, chili, cilantro, honey and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine, then refrigerate while preparing fish.
- Rinse fish and pat dry. Coat both sides of steaks with oil and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper.
- Coat a stove-top grill pan or griddle or nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat to preheat.
- Sear each side of the tuna for about 2 to 3 minutes until it is opaque but still pink in the center (cut to test). Or cook to the desired doneness.
- Transfer steaks to plates and spoon papaya salsa over servings or to the side.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Ready In: 16 minutes
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 21 %
- Protein: 31 g
- Fat 5.9: g
- Sat fat 1: g
- Carbohydrate: 18 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Sodium: 55 mg
- Cholesterol: 57 mg
- Omega-3 fatty acids: 5 g
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)