Banana bread is surprising moist texture and has a wonderful flavor. Banana bread is a sweet, quick to make bread, which is a good use for overripe bananas. Banana bread can be eaten for breakfast or brunch, with coffee or tea, or even as a dessert after dinner. Banana bread is not necessarily considered a health food, despite containing a healthy fruit. One of the reasons people do not eat banana bread is that it is traditionally a high-calorie food that contains a lot of sugar and fat. This is not healthy for people who are trying to lose weight. However, by using alternate ingredients, it is possible to make banana bread that is healthy and can be eaten without guilt by those who are on weight loss programs.
Moist Low Fat and Low-Calorie Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbs butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 large extra ripe bananas (1½ cups mashed)
- baking spray
Read More: Homemade Quesadilla Blast Salad Best Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8×4 inch loaf pan with cooking or baking spray or line a loaf tin of baking paper.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, ¼ cup of the sugar, and salt. Set these dry ingredients aside.
- In another bowl cream together thoroughly mashed bananas, vanilla and yogurt with an electric mixer.
- In a third mixing bowl, beat together the remaining ½ cup of sugar and the softened butter until fluffy and fully incorporated. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add some of the banana mixtures to your butter mixture and beat with mixer on low speed until well combined.
- Next, add half of the flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist and continue alternating additions until all the ingredients are combined.
- Stir gently and just until the flour is incorporated and be sure you do not over mix. Scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and bake in your preheated oven for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack and allow cooling before slicing.
Read More: Lean Turkey Meatloaf with Cheese Best Recipe
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 155.0
- Total Fat: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 141.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 2.6 g