This Crunchy, flavorful Greek salad paired with hummus and stuffed into a whole grain wrap to make a great, low fat, heart healthy and portable lunch. Liven up your lunchbox with this low-calorie wrap recipe inspired by the fresh flavors of Greek cuisine. It combines creamy hummus, crunchy veggies, salty feta, savory roasted peppers, and olives. This 200-calorie hummus and feta wrap is bursting with bright flavors and so quick and easy if you store pre-cut vegetables in your fridge. Ditch your boring sandwich and try this nutritious, flavor-packed wrap today.
Low-Calorie Greek Hummus Wrap Recipe
- 2 tbsp cucumber, chopped
- 2 tbsp Roma tomato or cherry tomatoes, divided in half chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp Kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp low fat feta cheese
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar or 1 tbsp Greek Vinaigrette
- 2-3 tbsp hummus (Homemade Or Store-bought)
- 2 tbsp roasted red pepper strips (jarred)
- ½ cup romaine lettuce
- Whole-wheat tortilla
Read More: Homemade Quesadilla Blast Salad Best Recipe
- Start by preparing the Greek salad in a mixing bowl; combine the cucumber, tomato, feta cheese, oregano, red onion, olives and romaine lettuce.
- Once you have all the ingredients chopped up, add Feta cheese crumbs and toss the mix with your favorite Greek Vinaigrette /red wine vinegar and then set aside.
- Place the tortilla in a frying pan or grill pan over medium heat or warm tortilla on a panini grill if you have one or use one of these methods (If you don’t have a grill pan, just use a skillet).
- Gently heat about 30 seconds on each side, until the tortilla is warm and flexible; just with a little bit of color! Let the tortilla cool slightly.
- Spread the hummus on the tortilla. Place red pepper strips in the middle third of the tortilla, then top with the cucumber mixture.
- Wrap the bottom fourth of the tortilla upward, then fold each tortilla side in over the filling, burrito-style. Cut in half, and then serve.
Read More: Lean Turkey Meatloaf with Cheese Best Recipe
- Calories: 230
- Protein: 7 g
- Total Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Mono fat 5 g
- Polyface 2.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 24 g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Fiber: 6 g
- Sugar: 3 g